Thursday, July 2, 2009

Album Review:Maino-If Tommorow Comes


I Myself Am A Brooklyn Representer, And I LOVE Music But Shoot Me If I Tell You That I Was Not To Fond of The Brooklyn Rapper Maino. However With His Debut Album on Atlantic Album(Pretty Good Promotion As Well) "If Tommorow Comes" He Really Shocked Me To Say The Least.

Maino Took A Different Approach To Starting The Album Which is Divided Into Sections, However, He Starts The Album With The Succesful Track Which is "Million Bucks" Produced By The Monster Himself Swizz Beatz. Very Good Song To Set The Tone. Next Is "Back To Life" Which Illustrates Why He Started Rapping with Fellow Friend After Serving A 10 Year Bid In Jail. The Next Song Is "Remember My Name" Very Good Song, After Hearing Songs Like This Makes Me Feel Like I Have Counted Maino Out Before The Fight Even Began. Next Song Up is "Gangsta" Featuring The New Orleans Hot Boy B.G. And The Title Of The Song Is Pretty Self-Explanatory. I Personally Am Tired of Hearing People Talking about "Being On Their G Shit"...we Get It Your A Tough Guy, Congratulations.

Moving Onto The Next Section After The Skit "The Meeting" Is The Radio Friendly Just Blaze Produced Single "All The Above" Featuring None Other Than T-Pain. I Had To Put Aside How Similar It Reminds Me of The Previous Just Blaze Produced "Live Your Live" With T.I. And Rhianna, But Once You Put That Aside And Listen It Is Actually A Good Song. A Song That Gives Someone That is In The Struggle Momentum, To Keep Pushing Just So That You Can Say That You Made It Out. The Next Song Up Is Probably My Personal Favorite Just How Vocals, Overall Feel Blend In With The Production By J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League Blesses Maino With A BANGER For His Song "Here Comes Trouble". Pretty Much Maino Talking About How He Is The Bad Guy, Acknowledges The Title, When He Walks In Trouble Has Just Entered, And Damn It I Love It lol.

The Next Section of The Album is "Hating". He Starts It Off With The Very old First Single From When He First Tried To Come Out "Hi Hater", And Although You Have Played The Song Over & Over, The Radio Spun It Crazy(Remix Included), You Cant Help But Wave Your Hands For The Haters That We Encounter EVERYDAY. Next Is "Make A Movie" Which is Maino Talking To Females Bragging About How He Feels That He is So Famous That With Him Having A Sex with A Female with Make Her Famous, So He Talks About Getting The Camera Out. I personally Vote This Song As The Weakest Song As The Entire Album, I Skipped It After The First Time of Hearing it. Rounding Out The Section Is The Song Titled "Kill You...Although It is A Very oversaturated Topic, Maino Actually Describes What Pushes Him To That Limit And Illustrates How Some of Us Get To That Point That We Honestly Feel That Way(At Least Until Common Sense & Reprecussions Set In)

We Are Now In The "Contemplating" Section And The First Song Is "Runaway Slave" This Is Maino's Struggle Song And How He Is Reaching That Point Where He Is Wondering If It Will Even Work out or Is He Grinding For Nothing. However The Hook And Comparing Himself To A "Runaway Slave" is A Bit Much For The Simple Fact He Has NO Idea What that is Like. Soldier Is A Good Song To Keep The Vibe Going, Leads Right Into My Second Favorite Song "Hood Love" Featuring My Favorite R&B Artist Trey Songz AKA Trigga AKA Songz YUUUUPP AKA Songz 007-11. It Speaks About How His Buzz Though It Is A Local Buzz The Community Shows Him Love And Pay Him Respect, Where As A Artist Thats Where You Make The Music For, People In Your Hood Should Be Able To Understand Your Music The Most. Floating Is A Ode To Everyone Who Has To Deal With Pain, Sometimes You Just Feel Like Doing Whatever It Is That You Do To Cope With Your Pain.

LAST Song Is "Celebrating" And It Is Pretty Self Explanatory...The Song Is 10 Minutes, And it is An Extra 5 Minutes of Just Talking. I Personally Dont Want To Hear Artist Talking For 5 Strait minutes Unless Its 50 Cent Because He Is Just Funny.

*Since This Is My First Review I Will Judge Albums Out of 5 Spins 1(Lowest)-5(Highest)

OVERALL: I Give Maino Album 3 1/2 Spins...Although The Production Was Immaculate And I Was Shocked That Maino Was able To Construct This Body of Music...Maino is Pretty Much Talkin And Telling Stories Through Out The Album. I Can Probablly Count 5 Flows Throughout The Entire Album. He Kind of Sounds The Same On Most Songs And There Is No Lyricism, Granted Thats Not What He Does But This is Hip-Hop And As A Hip-Hop Fan I LOVE Lyrics. But I Would Definately Recommend That You At Least Give The Song A Listen And Then Decide If You Would Like To Support Maino Buy Purchasing The Album.

No comments:

Post a Comment